Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My report on wolves

This week we had  to pick a country or an animal to write a report about. I picked wolves. My goal  is  use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose. Here is my report.
wolves.  

Wolves  
Wild Kids | International Wolf Center 
Wolves  

Do you know that wolves are the largest canine dog?

They look like wild dogs. Their fur can be white, black, grey and reddish. They have big eyes, pointy ears and ripping claws and sharp teeth.    

Wolves are found in north America, Europe, Asia and north Africa. Though Red wolves prefer swamps and forests.In North America they like to live in the Northern Rockies, the Pacific Northwest and the Western Great Lakes region.


Wolves have predators like the Grizzly bear, Polar bear,Siberian tiger and other Wolves that are not in that pack and bobcats.

Grey Wolves mostly like to eat Moose, all kinds of Deer, Mountain goats, Hares, Beavers, Birds and fish. Red wolves mostly eat meat, rodents, rabbits, raccoons, deer, insects and berries. 

Wolves can run up to 50-60km per hour. Wolves can swim up to 13 km which is a long way. A mother wolf can have up to five to eight pups per year. Baby wolves are called pups. A family of wolves is called a pack.  

What's your favorite wolf? 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lincoln
    Wonderful information report! You have shown you have a great understanding of an information report not including any personal opinions and relevant facts about diet, predators, habitat, features and characteristics, well done. I did not realise they could swim for 13km that certainly makes them very resourceful. I like the grey wolf as their features are what first comes to my mind when I think of a wolf. What did you find the most fun fact about wolves?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post